the energy endeavour foundation stewards student research competitions & awareness activities in the fields of social, economic and environmental sustainability, empowering our youth to be energy-efficient & resource responsible.
The Energy Endeavour Foundation seeks to empower today’s consumers and citizens to be active responders to energy use, resource efficiency and climate change. It celebrates and champions today’s generation of conscientious doers and makers to become tomorrow’s creative leaders and innovative transformation-agents in the built environment. The EEF champions all energy literacy advocates, valuing human capital & entrepreneurship in our built environment.
Based in the Netherlands, the Energy Endeavour Foundation is a non-profit entity, buttressed by the EEF Board of Directors. The Foundation draws upon the input of the Solar Decathlon Europe Council of Experts, including former SDE organisers, supporters and participants.
The activities of the EEF encompass:
- promoting and directing university competition initiatives
- generating corresponding communication and awareness activities
- organising calls for bidding cities and participating teams
- guiding the evolution of competition and contest rules
- steering jury committees and processes
- nurturing the liaison between worldwide Solar Decathlon competitions and inter-disciplinary research bodies
- ensuring proper governance, professional management and general accountability
- stewarding the values, vision and mandate of the Solar Decathlon in Europe
The EEF is endorsed by the U.S Department of Energy to ensure the continuity of the Solar Decathlon competition in Europe. Its Director, Louise Holloway, is dedicated to the vibrant and ever-growing initiatives that link academia, industry and research in the quest for collaborative contributions to resource responsibility.