the energy endeavour foundation stewards university research competitions and awareness activities in the fields
of social, economic and environmental sustainability.
The Energy Endeavour Foundation seeks to empower today’s consumers
and citizens to be active responders to energy use, equitable living, resource responsibility and climate change. It celebrates and champions today’s generation
of conscientious doers and makers to become tomorrow’s creative leaders and innovative change-agents.
Based in the Netherlands, the Energy Endeavour Foundation is a non-profit entity,
buttressed by a scientific advisory board from the TU Delft community.
The Foundation draws upon the input of the Solar Decathlon Europe Council
of Experts, including former SDE organisers, supporters and participants.
The activities of the EEF encompass:
- promoting and directing university competition initiatives
- generating corresponding communication and awareness activities
- organising calls for bidding cities and participating teams
- guiding the evolution of competition and contest rules
- steering jury committees and processes
- nurturing the liaison between worldwide Solar Decathlon
competitions and inter-disciplinary research bodies
- ensuring proper governance, professional management and general accountability
- stewarding the values, vision and mandate of the Solar Decathlon in Europe
The EEF is endorsed by the U.S Department of Energy to ensure the
continued success of the Solar Decathlon competition in Europe.
Its Director, Louise Holloway, is dedicated to the vibrant and ever-growing initiatives that link academia, industry and research in the quest
for collaborative contributions to resource responsibility.